The recent deep freeze throughout the state of Georgia and most of the United States has caused a lot of busted pipes and water damage. Damages from floods and freezing temperatures can cause personal and financial devastation for homeowners, but there is a way to respond quicker in the event of flooding in your house. Temperature and flood sensors are designed for flood detection and to alert the homeowner of abnormal temperatures on their phone or through email.
Water damage and freezing claims average over $6,300 for individual homeowner insurance.
The problem with traditional sensors is that they require a wire run from the placement of the sensor to your alarm system. Not only is this cost prohibitive for many homeowners, but the spots in your house that may flood first or reach the coldest temperatures may not be easily accessible with a wire.
Never fear! We offer a completely wireless option, which greatly reduces installation time and maximizes placement options. With our wireless flood sensors, you can locate it in the kitchen, laundry room, or anywhere else there is a risk for running water. It compliments your existing Honeywell security system nicely and you can even get notification via text or email from your phone if there is a flood in your home.
We recommend Honeywell’s 5821, an environmental sensor help protect against damage and property loss from flood and freezing temperatures. If water or low-temperature is detected, your security system can contact the central station and you, which will help to minimize the risk of dangerous conditions and damage to your home and valuables.
- Capable of monitoring cold (45° F) temperature and flood detection simultaneously
- Flood detection with external probe for a wide range of applications; including bathrooms, laundry rooms and basements
- Five selectable temperature ranges to choose from (hot, warm, cold, refrigerate and freeze)
- Up to 10 year battery life, which reduces user maintenance
- Ideal for basements, kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms and more,
- Remote temperature probe for refrigerator and freezer monitoring (Optional)
Did the recent deep freeze bust a water line or do you know someone affected by the water damage? We can install a wireless flood sensor to notify you in advance, so you can take action and avoid returning home to a flood!